The Government Plenipotentiary for Disabled People
The Government Plenipotentiary for Disabled People supervises execution of tasks specified by the Act of 27 August 1997 on vocational and social rehabilitation and employment of persons with disabilities.
Being the Secretary of State in the office servicing the minister competent for social security, the Plenipotentiary shall be appointed and dismissed by the Prime Minister, on request of the Minister of Family, Labour and Social Policy.
The tasks of the Plenipotentiary include among others:
- initiating, supervision and coordination of execution of tasks resulting from the law,
- initiating control of implementation of tasks resulting from the law,
- demanding from relevant entities information, documents and periodic reports on implementation of tasks laid down in the law,
- organization of conferences and trainings,
- providing information on issues concerning vocational and social rehabilitation and employment of persons with disabilities,
- developing standards in the field of implementation of tasks laid down in the law,
- drafting and giving counsel on legal acts on employment, rehabilitation and living conditions of persons with disabilities,
- drafting governmental programmes aimed at the solution of problems of persons with disabilities,
- formulating the underlying principles of annual material and financial plans concerning the implementation of tasks resulting from the law,
- undertaking activities aimed at limiting effects of disability and barriers which make it difficult for persons with disabilities to function in society,
- co-operation with non-governmental organizations and foundations for persons with disabilities.
The Plenipotentiary performs his tasks with the aid of the Office of the Plenipotentiary, which forms a separate organizational unit in the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy.
Since November 2015 the post of the Government Plenipotentiary for Disabled People has been occupied by Mr. Krzysztof Michałkiewicz.
The Government Plenipotentiary for Disabled People opens his office for the Open Day, each second Tuesday of the month, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Everyone wishing to meet the Plenipotentiary shall previously make an appointment by calling following numbers: 22 529 06 10, 22 529 06 09, 22 529 06 49 or sending an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for the patronage
The Plenipotentiary patronage or his personal participation in the committee of honor is a distinction that raises the prestige of any event or project dedicated to the persons with disabilities.
The Plenipotentiary patronage or his personal participation in the committee of honor can be awarded to events or projects of international, nationwide or interregional range or coverage aiming at the vocational and social rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- Andrzej Urbanik: August 1991 – January 1992
- Maria Lubera: February 1992 – July 1992
- Joanna Staręga-Piasek (acting): July 1992 – October 1992
- Grażyna Andrzejewska-Sroczyńska: October 1992 – March 1995
- Adam Apolinary Gwara: April 1995 – December 1997
- Janusz Gałęziak: December 1997 – April 1999
- Joanna Staręga-Piasek: April 1999 – October 2001
- Jolanta Banach: October 2001 – February 2004
- Krzysztof Pater: February 2004 – April 2004
- Leszek Stanisław Zieliński: April 2004 – December 2005
- Paweł Wypych: December 2005 – August 2006
- Mirosław Mielniczuk: August 2006 – November 2007
- Jarosław Duda: November 2007 – November 2015
- Krzysztof Michałkiewicz: November 2015
|Podmiot udostępniający informację:|
|Osoba sporządzająca dokument:|
|Osoba wprowadzająca dokument:||Administrator|